TCGIS is a language-immersion school, which means German is the primary language of instruction in grades K-8. With exceptions for English class beginning in 3rd grade, and Math beginning in 5th grade, students meet their learning targets using German, learning language through the content. Of course, we provide additional support for students who don’t speak German yet, as well as English-language support for students who speak a language other than English at home.
The TCGIS community is curious about the world. Many community members have lived, worked, or studied in other countries. Our families value the opportunities TCGIS offers their children to not only learn about other cultures but to also use their German language skills to connect with people from all over the world and to be curious about their own place in the world.
Innovative Education of the Whole Child through German Immersion
Using best practices and research based instructional strategies
As a social being, not just academically, prepared for world citizenship
Teaching German language & culture through immersion teaching strategies and an immersive environment
Andere hören, andere sehen, weltoffen denken und handeln.
The TCGIS learning environment values:
- Challenge and support
- Intercultural engagement
- Move the school from a stage of continuous growth to a stage of stability and strength.
- Cultivate a schoolwide community of colleagues and families that attracts and retains exceptional talent.
- Communicate the message of our school through multiple channels.
- Increase the diversity of students and staff over time.
- Finalize and maintain K-8 Pädagogisches Konzept to meet requirements for each grade that supports innovative education of the whole child through German immersion.
- Support school fundraising efforts by including time, talent, and treasure of all community members.